With work taking over my life these days, I think it’s safe to say that the house progress has come to a snail’s pace. Our living room is probably the closest room to being completed, and it is so nice to come home to a space that is really starting to look and feel like home. Especially since it’s the first thing I see whenever I walk through the door. And it makes me happy.
So I wanted to share some of my favorite vignettes with you guys.
All that’s left on the to do list for this area is:
- Hang art above the sofa (we have the perfect print in mind.. here’s a hint)
- Find a surface mount light fixture for over the living room
- Hang two more sets of drapery panels over the smaller windows flanking the fireplace (I have had them for weeks but keep forgetting to install the hardware)
- Replace the dining room chairs with something a little more “us” (they are ordered and being made in Holland, MI right now if that gives you any hint at all designer friends)
- Replace table lamps (I’ve been drooling over these)
- Find (or build) media console for under the TV
- Find (or build) china cabinet (something long and low for under the dining room window to hold all of our wedding china)
- Paint the interior side of the front door (and exterior, who am I fooling?)
- Replace the fiesta tile at the fireplace hearth with some of our leftover hex tile from the kitchen
- Buy a 20″x20″ frame for the missing piece of the gallery wall in the dining room (you can see the beginning stages of it here)
But for now the bathroom is at the top of my list. It is absolutely driving me crazy. Not having a mirror over the sink is what I imagine prison to be like. Not really. Orange is the New Black is what I imagine prison to be like.
What are your favorite areas of your home?