For the whole overall timeline I’m following you can see everything here broken down month by month. That list is a little generic, and these weekly updates will include more of the to-do items that are personal to our wedding. Can you believe it’s already October? Where on earth did this year go?? Here are some items I’ve completed since last week, along with what I still need to do for the month of October:
Buy hostess gifts for shower Figure out what the flower girl is carrying.We can’t throw things. Attend our first couples shower. Make sure all groomsmen/ushers have been fitted for their tuxes. Buy “thank you” stamp for Thank Yous Order confetti poppers from BHLDN Book hair trial appt. Design rehearsal dinner invitations Design ceremony programs.May need to tweak after meeting with the Deacon. Buy napkin rings.We may have to get more once we have a final headcount. Meet with the church to finalize reading /vow choices.We both feel SO much better about the ceremony now! Meet with Videographer to nail down ideas.So excited!! Figure out schedule for the wedding ceremony Finish all 10 centerpieces.Thanks Lauren, you’re the best gluer I know! Write thank you notes for shower gifts. Send photographer a big fat email with the schedule. Design map for welcome boxes Design SA activity book for welcome boxes Design welcome tags/write notes for welcome boxes Update overall schedule of who needs to be where/when.I’ve sent this to the photographer to see if she has any revisions. Make detailed signage for tables. Find something to keep warm. Have first dress fitting. Sign videographer contract.We are SO excited about this duo! Design menus. Order flower girl’s tights and shoes. Find suggested undergarments by dressmaker. DIY toss bouquet. Ask family members to be readers during the ceremony. Buy gifts for groomsmen(5/5 done!) Buy gifts for house party(5/5 done!) DIY runners for each important tables.About 95% done! Paint cake stands white. Waiting on a sunny day! Paint napkin rings gold. Also waiting on a sunny day! Call all remaining non-RSVPers.They’ve all been called, just waiting on about 10 responses. C’mon people! Start working on seating arrangements. Design bridal party schedules to include with rehearsal dinner invites.
And now for the rest of October’s items I hope to accomplish (items in bold I can’t do until all RSVPs are in 10/15):
- DIY what the flower girl will be carrying.
- Choose something borrowed and old. Making my final choices next weekend while at my parents’ house.
- Finish folding/fluffing the rest of my stacks tissue paper flowers for pomanders. My mom is taking care of this one.
- Book bridal breakfast. We’ve chosen a place, I just need to call them!
- DIY garter
- DIY all boutonnieres. Supplies have been bought, I just need to get started!
- Buy unity candles
- Figure out schedule for the wedding reception
- Have a hair trial run. Had to push it back until after the 27th because I left my veil at my parents.. whoops!
- Get wedding rings engraved. We know what we’re doing, we just need to get an estimate.
- Finalize song list for ceremony. We have two more songs to choose!
- Finalize key song choices for reception (first dance, etc.). We have all but the mother/son.
- Start on pomanders for church aisles. 2/20 done!
- Buy gifts for our parents (0/4 done!)
- Buy gifts for flower girl/ring bearer (0/2 done!)
- Sign up for ballroom dance lessons
- DIY flower arrangements with remaining flowers from centerpieces
- Start on escort card station.. I have all the supplies, just waiting on a final headcount!
- Put together a getting ready playlist for the girls
- Put together a getting ready playlist for the boys. That’s up to Derek
- Start shopping for honeymoon. I already bought the cutest coat and boots!
- Hand embroider date inside dress. Once I get it back on the 28th!
- Confirm guest hotel reservations
- Start collecting items for welcome boxes.
- Order stripey straws for bar
- Find a bin to hold pashmina wraps for guests to use on the terrace.
- Print menu board
- Add guest names to place cards
- Print DIY marriage license
- Print rehearsal dinner invitations
- Address/stamp/line rehearsal dinner envelopes
- Order ceremony programs
- finalize all ceremony wording
- make a binder with wording for all ceremony readers
- send a list of dos/dont’s to videographer
Eeep!! We’re into single digit weeks! As you can see I cranked out several to-do items this past week because let’s face it.. I’m feeling the pressure! October is the craziest month because that’s when I’ll have an official headcount, but hopefully after all of these big ticket items are squared away I kind kind of relax a bit. This weekend is dedicated to finishing 90% of these items, and with the help of my lovely neighbor/bridesmaid Lauren I know it will get done! Next weekend Derek and I are heading back up to my parents’ house to pick up my dress after my final fitting (so nervous!) and hopefully my mom and I can get the rest of October’s items squared away. Yay!
See you next Saturday with another weekly update! (or Monday for the normal blogging..)