For the whole overall timeline I’m following you can see everything here broken down month by month. That list is a little generic, and these weekly updates will include more of the to-do items that are personal to our wedding. Here are some recent things I’ve accomplished during the month of September since last week:
Hand cut invitation patterns.This has definitely been a labor of love! Line invitation envelopes with custom lining. Sort and apply vintage stamps to envelopes Buy veil.Obsessed. Get dad fitted for tux Measure venue to draw floor plan.We did all of it in complete darkness. Good thing we’re pros! Buy thank you cards. Buy undergarments to have for first dress fitting.After looking EVERYWHERE I ended up finding some at Gilly Hicks. Go figure! Get rehearsal dinner dress altered.Dang that was expensive.. Mail invitations.I’ll post about them on Wednesday! Start planning Bachelorette weekend.I think it’s about 100% Make/buy a card box for gift table.Using one I already have! Buy baskets for programs, favors, etc.I found the cutest boxes on sale at Target! Find out each hotel’s policy for welcome bags.They all said yes! Find vases for filler decorations.Gotta love thrift stores! Contact caterer to find out about linen deliver/pick up times. Update wedding website to include info for the big day. Order our return address stamp for thank you’s. Find cute pen holders for our guestbook station.Duh Anthropologie! Book morning after wedding brunch for any remaining guests. Add wedding rings to insurance plan.Thanks Michele! Send tentative schedule to house party and coordinator. Send tentative schedule to bridesmaids. Send tentative schedule to groomsmen. Pick up rehearsal dinner dress from alterations.They did a fantastic job! Buy moss stones for place cards.Yay Dollar Tree! Order fun colorful pens for guestbook station. Email flower girl’s dressmaker to get an update. Sign contract for florist, and pay deposit.Omg finally! Finish filling out packet for scripture, readings, vows, etc.That sucker took forever! DIY all bridesmaid bouquets.Here they are! Find remaining boxes for welcome boxes.We have 20, I hope that’s enough! Buy fun socks for groom/groomsmen. Send Lynsey a list of must have photos. Reschedule dress fitting for October 6th Finalize all items for guestbook station. Email tentative day of schedule to House Party and coordinator.
- Sign contract and send check for dance floor rental. Those are nice and expensive :/
Finish folding/fluffing the rest of my stacks tissue paper flowers for centerpieces.Thanks mom!
- Buy hostess gifts for shower
And now for the rest of September’s items I hope to accomplish:
- Meet with the church to finalize reading /vow choices. Waiting on the deacon to call us back!
- Figure out what the flower girl is carrying. We can’t throw things. Boo. Ideas?
- Meet with Videographer to nail down ideas and sign contract
- Choose something borrowed and old. That sounds gross..
- Finish folding/fluffing the rest of my stacks tissue paper flowers for pomanders. My mom is also taking care of this one.
- Book bridal breakfast. We’ve chosen a place, I just need to call them!
- DIY garter
- DIY all boutonnieres. Supplies have been bought, I just need to get started!
- DIY toss bouquet.
- Figure out schedule for the wedding ceremony
- Figure out schedule for the wedding reception
- Update overall schedule of who needs to be where/when
- Attend our first couples shower. It’s this afternoon yay!
- Make sure all groomsmen/ushers have been fitted for their tuxes. 8/9 are done!
- Have a hair trial run
- Find something to keep warm. Why are there zero cute cardigans right now??
- Get wedding rings engraved. Still don’t know what do do on this one because my band is so teeny.
- Finalize song list for ceremony. We know what we want, we just need to meet with the musicians, which we can’t do until after we meet with the deacon ugh!
- Finalize key song choices for reception (first dance, etc.). We have all but the mother/son.
- Design menus. Waiting on caterer to give me the deets.
- Finish all 10 centerpieces. Finishing the last two this weekend!
- Start on pomanders for church aisles. 2/20 done!
- Buy gifts for our parents
- Buy gifts for groomsmen
- Buy gifts for house party
- Buy gifts for flower girl/ring bearer
- Sign up for ballroom dance lessons
- DIY runners for each important tables. Fabric is here, my mom and I will start on these next weekend when I go to visit.
- Paint cake stands white. Waiting on a sunny Saturday!
- DIY escort card station with remaining flowers from centerpieces
Is it just me or am I writing these posts everyday? I feel like I literally wrote the last update 2 seconds ago. Where did September go?? There is still SO much to do. But I’m going up to see my parents next weekend and whenever my mom and I get together we get stuff done! It’s just hard because a lot of things depend on other things. So I’ve been working on a bunch of October’s items while I wait for some of these to pan out. Sigh. See you next Saturday with another weekly update! (or Monday for the normal blogging..)