For the whole overall timeline I’m following you can see everything here broken down month by month. That list is a little generic, and these weekly updates will include more of the to-do items that are personal to our wedding. Here are some recent things I’ve accomplished during the month of August:
Design formal invitations Decide on the accessories for bridesmaids and email all the info to them Decide on the tuxes for groom/groomsmen and email all the info to them about fittings Have Derek fitted for his tux Buy ties for the dads Buy ties for the groom/groomsmen/ring bearer Decide on a look for the flower girl and email all info to her mom Order flower girl dress Start working out.Officially doing Bikram yoga 3 times a week! Have a cake tasting Buy wedding rings Apply for a passport.It only took 2 weeks!
- Buy gifts for bridesmaids
Buy wedding jewelry Buy wedding shoes Choose something new Choose something blue Buy invitation A7 envelopes
- Design invitation envelope lining
- Order return address stamp
- Design programs
- Design escort cards
- Order wedding invitations
- Address invitations. Using this technique.
Buy white ink pad for return address stamp Book wedding night hotel room Book slumber party/getting ready hotel suites for wedding party Meet with ceremony musicians to discuss options.We spoke on the phone.
- Send shower guest list to hosts
- Update wedding registry and replace things that are sold out.
And now for the rest of August’s items along with what I’ve accomplished since last week’s update:
Hand cut invitation patterns.This has definitely been a labor of love! Line invitation envelopes with custom lining. Sort and apply vintage stamps to envelopes
- Sign contract for florist, and pay deposit. Still waiting on the contract buddy!
- Meet with Videographer to nail down ideas and sign contract
- Choose something borrowed and old. That sounds gross..
- Finish folding/fluffing the rest of my stacks tissue paper flowers. About 1/4 through light pink! (last color!!)
- Book bridal breakfast
- Book morning after wedding brunch for any remaining guests
- Buy veil. This is seriously stressing me out, how on earth do you choose??
- Buy garter
Get dad fitted for tux
- Measure venue to draw floor plan. Nerd alert!
Buy thank you cards.
- Buy undergarments to have for first dress fitting. Ooh la la!
- Add wedding rings to insurance plan
Get rehearsal dinner dress altered.Dang that was expensive.. Book honeymoon.Yay! We finally pulled the trigger! Rome here we come! Mail invitations.Doing that as you read this (probably) Start planning Bachelorette weekend Design marriage contract (alternative to guestbook).I won’t know how many lines to include until RSVPs are in. Design signs for each dressing room
- Make/buy a card box for gift table.
- Buy baskets for programs, favors, etc.
- Figure out schedule for the wedding ceremony
- Figure out schedule for the wedding reception
- Update overall schedule of who needs to be where/when
- Attend our first couples shower
- Make sure all groomsmen/ushers have been fitted for their tuxes
- Buy fun socks for groom/groomsmen/ring bearer
- Have a hair trial run
- Get wedding rings engraved
- Finalize song list for ceremony
- Finalize key song choices for reception (first dance, etc.)
- Send Lynsey a list of must have photos. This list is done, just need to go over it with Derek.
- Find out each hotel’s policy for welcome bags. One down three to go.
- Design menus
- Finish all 10 centerpieces. Five down five to go!
- Start on pomanders for church aisles. All twenty phew!
- Buy gifts for our parents
- Buy gifts for groomsmen
- Buy gifts for house party
- Buy gifts for flower girl/ring bearer
- Sign up for dance lessons
- DIY banners for each important table (cake, guestbook, place cards, gifts, head table, etc.)
- Find branches/vases for filler decorations
- Paint cake stands white
- DIY escort card station with remaining flowers from centerpieces
I realize August and September look crazy but there is a lot to do before October gets here [the deadline for RSVPs] which is when the chaos really begins because we’ll have an exact headcount and anything that depends on that will be in full swing [like escort cards, place cards, seating arrangements, favors, centerpieces, welcome bags, napkin rings, etc.] That’s why we’re taking everything one week at a time. See you next Saturday with another weekly update! (or Monday for the normal blogging..)