For the whole overall timeline I’m following you can see everything here broken down month by month. That list is a little generic, and these weekly updates will include more of the to-do items that are personal to our wedding. Here are some recent things I’ve accomplished during the month of August:
Design formal invitations Decide on the accessories for bridesmaids and email all the info to them Decide on the tuxes for groom/groomsmen and email all the info to them about fittings Have Derek fitted for his tux Buy ties for the dads Buy ties for the groom/groomsmen/ring bearer Decide on a look for the flower girl and email all info to her mom Order flower girl dress Start working out.Officially doing Bikram yoga 3 times a week! Have a cake tasting Buy wedding rings Apply for a passport.It only took 2 weeks!
- Buy gifts for bridesmaids
Buy wedding jewelry Buy wedding shoes Choose something new Choose something blue Buy invitation A7 envelopes
- Design invitation envelope lining
- Order return address stamp
- Design programs
- Design escort cards
And now for the rest of August’s items along with what I’ve accomplished since last week’s update:
Order wedding invitations
- Hand cut invitation patterns. Still waiting for these to arrive, scheduled for 8/27
- Line invitation envelopes with custom lining. About halfway done!
Address invitations. Using this technique.
- Sort and apply vintage stamps to envelopes
Buy white ink pad for return address stamp Book wedding night hotel room Book slumber party/getting ready hotel suites for girls and guys
- Sign contract for florist, and pay deposit
Sign contract for cake baker, and pay deposit Meet with ceremony musicians to discuss song options
- Send guest list to shower host
- Meet with Videographer to nail down ideas and sign contract
- Choose something borrowed and old. That sounds gross..
- Finish folding/fluffing the rest of my stacks tissue paper flowers. All yellow are done, onto light pink! (last color!!)
- Book bridal breakfast
- Book morning after wedding brunch for any remaining guests
- Buy veil
- Buy garter
- Measure venue to draw floor plan. Nerd alert!
- Buy thank you cards. We’ve found the ones we want, but we can’t get them until we’re in Houston again.
- Buy undergarments to have for first dress fitting. Ooh la la!
Update wedding registry and replace things that are sold out.
- Add wedding rings to insurance plan
- Get rehearsal dinner dress altered. Doing this today!
- Mail invitations
- Book honeymoon
- Make/buy a card box for gift table.
- Buy baskets for programs, favors, etc.
- Figure out schedule for the wedding ceremony
- Figure out schedule for the wedding reception
- Update overall schedule of who needs to be where/when
- Attend our first couples shower
- Buy fun socks for groom/groomsmen/ring bearer
- Have a hair trial run
- Get wedding rings engraved
- Finalize song list for ceremony
- Finalize key song choices for reception (first dance, etc.)
- Start planning bridal showers/lingerie showers with bridesmaids
- Send Lynsey a list of must have photos
- Find out each hotel’s policy for welcome bags
- Design marriage contract (alternative guestbook)
- Design menus
- Start collecting items for welcome bags
- Finish all 10 centerpieces
- Start on pomanders for church aisles
- Buy gifts for our parents
- Buy gifts for groomsmen
- Buy gifts for house party
- Buy gifts for flower girl/ring bearer
- Design signs for each dressing room
- Sign up for dance lessons
- Design signs for bride/groom chairs
- Find branches/vases for filler decorations
- Paint cake stands white
- DIY escort card station with remaining flowers from centerpieces
I realize August and September look crazy but there is a lot to do before October gets here [the deadline for RSVPs] which is when the chaos really begins because we’ll have an exact headcount and anything that depends on that will be in full swing [like escort cards, place cards, seating arrangements, favors, centerpieces, welcome bags, napkin rings, etc.] That’s why we’re taking everything one week at a time. See you next Saturday with another weekly update! (or Monday for the normal blogging..)