This will be the first of many [18 to be exact!!] weekly updates on the wedding planning process. I know a few readers are right in line with my wedding planning and have asked me to keep them up to speed in real time. So if you aren’t on the wedding train you can just skip these weekend posts, but if you are then here we go!
For the whole overall timeline I’m following you can see everything here broken down month by month. That list is a little generic, and these weekly updates will include more of the to-do items that are personal to our wedding. The beginning of the wedding planning process is a whole lot of “big ticket” items like booking venues, photographers, etc. Now that we have only 4 months left, it’s down to the details. Here are some recent things I’ve accomplished during the month of August:
Design formal invitations Decide on the accessories for bridesmaids and email all the info to them Decide on the tuxes for groom/groomsmen and email all the info to them about fittings Have Derek fitted for his tux Buy ties for the dads Buy ties for the groom/groomsmen/ring bearer Decide on a look for the flower girl and email all info to her mom Order flower girl dress Start working out.Officially doing Bikram yoga 3 times a week! Have a cake tasting Buy wedding rings Apply for a passport.It only took 2 weeks!
- Buy gifts for bridesmaids
Buy wedding jewelry Buy wedding shoes Choose something new Choose something blue Buy invitation A7 envelopes
- Design invitation envelope lining
- Order return address stamp
- Design programs
- Design escort cards
And now for the rest of the things I plan to accomplish this month.. which is already half over:
- Order wedding invitations
- Hand cut invitation patterns. You’ll understand later!
- Line invitation envelopes with custom lining
- Address invitations. Using this technique.
- Sort and apply vintage stamps to envelopes
- Buy white ink pad for return address stamp
- Book wedding night hotel room
- Book slumber party/getting ready hotel suites for girls and guys
- Sign contract for florist
- Sign contract for cake baker
- Meet with ceremony musicians to discuss song options
- Meet with Videographer to nail down ideas and sign contract
- Choose something borrowed and old. That sounds gross..
- Finish folding/fluffing the rest of my stacks tissue paper flowers. That’s 360 more flowers people!
- Book bridal breakfast
- Book morning after wedding brunch for any remaining guests
- Buy veil
- Buy garter
- Measure venue to draw floor plan. Nerd alert!
- Buy thank you cards
- Buy undergarments to have for first dress fitting. Ooh la la!
- Update wedding registry and replace things that are sold out.
- Add wedding rings to insurance plan
- Get rehearsal dinner dress altered
- Mail invitations
- Book honeymoon
- Make/buy a card box for gift table.
- Buy baskets for programs, favors, etc.
- Figure out schedule for the wedding ceremony
- Figure out schedule for the wedding reception
- Update overall schedule of who needs to be where/when
- Attend our first couples shower
- Buy fun socks for groom/groomsmen/ring bearer
- Have a hair trial run
- Get wedding rings engraved
- Finalize song list for ceremony
- Finalize key song choices for reception (first dance, etc.)
- Start planning bridal showers/lingerie showers with bridesmaids
- Send Lynsey a list of must have photos
- Find out each hotel’s policy for welcome bags
- Design marriage contract (alternative guestbook)
- Design menus
- Start collecting items for welcome bags
- Finish all 10 centerpieces
- Start on pomanders for church aisles
- Buy gifts for our parents
- Buy gifts for groomsmen
- Buy gifts for house party
- Buy gifts for flower girl/ring bearer
- Design signs for each dressing room
- Sign up for dance lessons
- Design signs for bride/groom chairs
- Find branches/vases for filler decorations
- Paint cake stands white
- DIY escort card station with remaining flowers from centerpieces
I realize August and September look crazy but there is a lot to do before October gets here [the deadline for RSVPs] which is when the chaos really begins because we’ll have an exact headcount and anything that depends on that will be in full swing [like escort cards, place cards, seating arrangements, favors, centerpieces, welcome bags, napkin rings, etc.] That’s why we’re taking everything one week at a time. See you next Saturday with another weekly update! (or Monday for the normal blogging..)
Anyone want to help? :)