**THIS GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED AND NO LONGER ACCEPTING ENTRIES**
With our wedding registry complete, our formal invitations going out at the beginning of September, and with bridal showers just around the corner, we’ve had to seriously plan how to handle all of the packages we could be receiving. Apartment living has it’s setbacks as we all know and I think receiving packages [at least for us] can be a pain in the butt. We’ve had packages walk off of our porch and some that have been held up in transit, and let me tell ya it’s no fun! So we collectively decided to ask that all of our wedding gifts be sent to my parents home to avoid all of this. However, even though we’ve setup our registries with where to ship our gifts, there will still be a lot of people who purchase items in store and will automatically mail them to us. That being said we decided to sign up for UPS My Choice so that we could control where our packages went, where they were to be set upon arrival (back porch, etc.), what time to deliver them, etc. So this way regardless of the curveballs we’re thrown, we can always reroute and be on our way!
Our friends at UPS have generously offered to give one of our readers a $50 American Express card for signing up for the UPS My Choice program, which is completely free! By taking a few minutes to sign up here are some of the benefits you’ll receive:
- UPS My Choice® provides a new level of convenience for brides during one of the busiest times of their lives. With UPS My Choice® brides can control when and where their deliveries will arrive. After the wedding – the happy couple can enjoy their honeymoon without missing a delivery.
- UPS My Choice® helps busy brides avoid the disappointment and hassle of missing an important package. The service provides a free phone, text or email the day before the package arrives. Once she receives a delivery alert, she can reroute it to another location for a small fee.
- Leave the guesswork out of knowing when your bridal registry items will arrive. UPS My Choice® is designed to provide peace of mind to brides and their families so that they know when packages will arrive, where they will be left or what to do if they are not home to receive them.
- UPS My Choice® Member - receive a phone, e-mail or text message alert the day before a package arrives with an approximate 4-hour delivery time frame. If the initial delivery time doesn’t work, there are options to reschedule or reroute the package for a $5 transactional fee. Members also have the option to go online and release packages requiring a signature.
- UPS My Choice® Premium Membership - all of the standard services come at no extra charge for consumers who pay a $40 annual subscription fee. Premium Members gain access to an online delivery calendar showing the status of UPS home deliveries. Premium Members are also offered a 2-hour confirmed delivery window. A $5 transaction fee is charged after the package is delivered within the 2-hour commitment. As a Premium Member, consumers can even provide their UPS driver with detailed instructions on where to leave a package such as: the side door, the garage, on the porch, or in the management office of my apartment complex.
Even if you aren’t getting married this year, you can still definitely use this service to your advantage. No one likes missed packages :)
Here are the giveaway deets:
- PRIZE: a $50 American Express card
- HOW TO ENTER: Sign up for a FREE UPS My Choice account, then come back here and leave us a comment telling us you did so. That’s it!
EXTRA ENTRY OPPORTUNITIES [ONE EXTRA COMMENT (ENTRY) FOR EACH THING YOU DO]:
1. Like Your Modern Couple on Facebook.
2. Leave a Facebook status on your profile about the giveaway.
3. Follow Your Modern Couple on Twitter.
4. Tweet about this giveaway.
5. Follow Your Modern Couple on Pinterest.
Any combination of these can gain you up to 6 entries per giveaway, so spread the word!! Just come back here and comment again saying where/who you followed, etc. However, if you comment saying that you followed someone/tweeted something you didn’t, we have the right to remove your entries. Booya!
- GIVEAWAY CLOSES: Thursday, August 23th at 10pm CST
- NUMBER OF WINNERS: One
- WHO CAN ENTER: Anyone who can receive UPS packages!
- THE FINE PRINT: The winner will be selected using random.org and announced first thing Friday morning. Good Luck! :)
The UPS My Choice public relations team partnered with bloggers such as myself to help educate consumers about the UPS My Choice service. As part of this program, I received compensation for my time. They did not tell me what to say or influence opinions in my blog posts. UPS believes that consumers and bloggers are free to form their own opinions and share them in their own words. UPS’s policies align with WOMMA Ethics Code, FTC guidelines and social media engagement recommendations.
Are you interested in sponsoring a giveaway? Go here to learn more! We would love to have you!