A while back and old friend from high school asked me to help hunt things down for her new bathroom renovation project:
Hey Catharine! I’m in the process of redoing my bathroom, so be on the look out for a 5 pronged wall mounted hook. I want to use a cute one instead of a normal towel rack. Can’t find one… – Lori
I love the idea of using hooks instead of the standard towel rack, and since you’re sticking with a monochromatic color scheme with black, white, and grey I thought this would be a great way to add some color! Finding a five-pronged one though is pretty tricky. If you do want them all to be connected, here are some options that may work:
- I love the Nelson Hang it all, it’s an iconic staple in design and this replica is über cheap. I bought one for Derek’s living room for all of our coats and it’s such a conversation piece.
- West Elm has these great colorful knobs, which you could also paint if you weren’t too keen on the colors. Each color is sold separately so even if you went all white it could look really sleek.
- I kind of like the rusticness of these hooks from Pottery Barn, they’re a nice contrast to your modern bathroom, but they kind keep with the vintage charm you’re incorporating with your old tobacco jars.
- Speaking of modern, these sleek hooks from The Container Store are pretty cool because hey look flush against the wall when not in use and you can decide the hook spacing.
If you’re willing to compromise a bit, I’m a big fan of using a bunch of single hooks side by side rather than one unit of hooks. This can give you flexibility with color, size, and spacing between the hooks. There are a lot more options out there for individual hooks, so this may be a better alternative all together.
- I love this antiqued doorknob idea, but I would suggest painting the hardware white to really help it pop off of your gray walls.
- These ceramic numbers are really cute and kind of vintagey and keep with your black and white theme.
- I’ve seen these monogramed hooks a lot in bathrooms, people either use their initials or spell out the word “bath” or whatever you want really.
- These glass flowerette hooks may be too girly but they come in a lot of colors, or you can keep it simple with the clear glass.
- I feel like these ceramic flowerettes are a more modern version of #4. They also come in a wide range of fun colors.
My personal favorite option is to use a grouping of double hooks. This gives you more hanging space, and I also just think they’re really fun.
- I know, these are actually triple hooks but I couldn’t resist! I actually own these, and I love how you can easily rotate the hooks. I can’t find them online in the white anymore, but they are at Anthropologie. I found them a few weeks ago.
- These glass hooks are a little girly as well, so I wanted to throw them in for good measure considering you are a girl. They come in several different colors and can really add that touch of glam.
- I love how simple and sleek these di-cast brass hooks look. They kind of give off that hotel/spa vibe.
- These are my absolute favorites! If you’re wanting to stick with black and white then these stripes are perfect!
- These are the same hooks as #4 but in a solid version, with lots of fun color options.
- These antiqued brass hooks are also a nice contrast to all of your modern finishes and come in several different colors as well.
I hope that this was helpful with your towel hook search, and we can’t wait to see what you come up with! Keep us posted!
If you’re finding yourself in a design pickle shoot us an email and we’d be happy to solve your design dilemmas!